Position: Location: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
GBP21000 - GBP24000 per annum + Depending on experience
Our client is a leading coffee brand, and they are seeking a Workshop Engineer to join their expanding operations in the West Drayton area of London.
The technical workshop, warehouse and route operations provide integral support to this high-performance company. They focus on providing a premium coffee experience to a wide range of clients throughout the UK and particularly in London. The workshop runs in a relaxed manner, focusing primarily on pre-delivery inspection and installations at premium client sites.
Full training on bean-to-cup and traditional coffee machines will be provided for the engineer.
An energetic, enthusiastic and flexible technical specialist, the Workshop Engineer provides the Technical Manager with comprehensive support in the London workshop/ offices and on the road. The position is Workshop/ office based in West Drayton, London, with days out on the road as and when required, installing or performing maintenance on a range of coffee machines. This position requires a strong focus on maintaining standards of excellence, including Customer Service, reliability as a team player and a drive to work independently. The Workshop Engineer will act as a brand ambassador, always promoting the company in the best light possible.
- Supporting the Account Management and Marketing teams with equipment and product demonstrations at Customer Sites and Events, as allocated by Line Manager; including transportation & set-up of equipment and coffee tasting preparations
- As the face of the company in the field, to be a specialist in the coffee equipment and associated products; highly knowledgeable across the product range, performing comprehensive electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair when required.
- Ownership of related maintenance and repair records
- Workshop preparation and testing of new equipment prior to dispatching to Customers
- Record and maintain accurate records of all coffee equipment transactions, including serial numbers
- Driving to Customer sites, collecting, delivering and exchanging coffee equipment and/or associated products when required.
- Installation of full range of coffee equipment
- Maintenance of coffee equipment cleanliness and appearance at Customer sites and use of the appropriate Point of Sales Material
- Providing on-site training for customers on use and upkeep of coffee equipment; including cleaning of machines
- Operate within and ensure compliance with regulatory and Company policies and procedures
- To secure Company assets
- Providing support with coffee grinder issues, as required; including call handling and associated bench repairs
- Assisting the Technical Manager with a variety of ad-hoc technical tasks, as allocated by Line Manager; including spare part orders, answering telephone calls from Distributors, Customer training and visits
- Providing support in the warehouse and in the field, as required and allocated by Line Manager; including cover for holidays, sickness and absence
- Good communication skills
- Be a forward thinker with a positive, 'can do' attitude
- High degree of flexibility and efficiency
- Organised, with good problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as participating as pro-active team player, and always willing to go that extra mile
- Confident with IT basics
- Strong electro- mechanical knowledge, 3 phase experience beneficial but not essential
- Relevant industry experience working with Coffee/ Vending machines as an engineer preferred but full training can be provided
- Knowledge and experience of safe working habits within a physically demanding role
- Clean and current UK driving license essential
- Fork lift licence (desired but not essential training can be given)
In return the business will offer a generous basic salary of up to £24k, plus a host of other benefits, overtime, and incentives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to work with a leading coffee brand and receive top level training on coffee machines. If you would like to be considered for this role please submit your CV now!
Depending on experience