|Position:||Wind & Renewable Energy Analyst|
|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland; however, our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast, London, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Havant.
Salary: €54,900 - €82,200 / £37,600 to £56,400 depending on skills and experience + bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As a Wind and Renewable Energy Analyst, you'll be responsible for delivering analysis and modelling to support SSE Renewables' global onshore or offshore wind development portfolios, informing project design and financial investment decisions.
Main accountabilities may include:
- Performing analysis of measured wind data (from meteorological masts or remote sensing devices).
- Producing wind farm layout designs.
- Conducting wind flow modelling and energy yield assessment.
- Performing turbine suitability assessments.
- Perform in-house R&D on a variety of industry-leading topics.
- Supporting levelised Cost of Energy and energy/cost time series modelling.
- The development of our in-house toolset.
You may also have the opportunity to be involved in: supporting noise assessments and mitigation strategy design, co-location analysis with battery, hydrogen or solar systems, the ongoing assessment of our operational wind assets, wind measurements specification and assisting with deployment.
What do I need?
We would love you to have:
- Understanding of CFD wind flow modelling.
- Programming skills ideally in Matlab and/or Python.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as there will be a requirement to communicate to a variety of stakeholders and interact with multi-disciplined project teams and influence project decisions.
Most of all, you will be enthusiastic about working at the cutting edge of best-practice, seeking out innovative solutions to complex problems during a crucial and exciting period for SSE Renewables and the wider wind industry.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and we'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.