|Position:||Turbine Integrity Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP36900 - GBP56500 per annum + + excellent benefits + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: £36,900 - £56,500 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + annual bonus
Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
As Turbine Integrity Engineer, you'll provide embedded focused Engineering support to the Offshore Wind teams to ensure that WTG assets are managed safely and effectively for both routine maintenance and defect resolution activities. You'll be involved in ensuring safety and quality of works, enlisting work scheduling and organisational control, as well as implementing corporate standards, providing field support and ensuring compliance across the fleet. Technical project management and planning of work packages will be a major requirement of the role.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Management of site-wide wind turbine blade related activity, acting as technical project manager for monitoring, repair and life extension works
- Act as technical lead on materials management works covering blades and other aspects of asset integrity, leading on innovative retrofit options
- Ownership of corrosion protection across the site including cathodic protection system for foundations
- Ownership of WTG oil and grease sampling regime, feeding findings and trends into pre-emptive and corrective maintenance actions.
- Management of site-wide corrosion monitoring programme and through-life asset management and updating a corrosion protection history status of all the assets since installation
- Maintain operational instruction and monitoring procedures to the Operations team on foundation asset integrity
- Feed into site OPEX budgeting for future works and provide technical feedback to SSE new project CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Support the wider Engineering team in management of work scopes, act as client safety representative on CDM work scopes
You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of offshore wind operations and maintenance works, with the ability to audit and observe both on and offshore working parties and act as an SSE safety representative ensuring that key organisational objectives are met.
Your Skills and Experience
Previous experience within an offshore or renewables generation industry would be an advantage, although not essential. You'll ideally be qualified to Degree or equivalent level in a relevant engineering discipline.
You'll have knowledge and practical experience of working within a controlled safety environment together with a working experience of management projects under established safe systems of work, i.e. Wind Turbine Safety Rules or equivalent. A demonstrable background with analytical, engineering and project management skills would be advantageous.
You will also need a good understanding of maintenance requirements for large plant infrastructure and the importance of a planned and coordinated maintenance strategy. Knowledge of composites and experience of materials management is highly desirable.
SSE Renewables are a leading generator of renewable energy in Great Britain and Ireland. Our SSE Renewables business is responsible for the development, construction and operation of SSE's renewable portfolio, including hydro and both onshore and offshore wind.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 15th December 2019
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.