|Position:||Transmission Package Manager - Arklow Bank Wind Park|
|Salary:||plus Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €76,000 - €95,000 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
As Transmission Package Manager, you'll be accountable for leading on all matters relating to the optioneering, design, specification, supply, transport and installation of the Arklow Bank Wind Park transmission system including the Onshore Substation, HV Export Cables (Onshore and Offshore), Offshore Substation Platform, Inter-Array cables and associated infrastructure.
This will be a complex, yet exciting project, and you'll be expected to structure and implement the Transmission Package Contracts, whilst working closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to educate, inform and positively engage them in the development of the first offshore wind farm of scale in Ireland.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Safe delivery of an optimised Transmission Solution to meet bid and execution targets, which provides the best LCoE for the project, and ensures that the end product is achieved through a certifiable design process.
- Manages, oversees and ensures appropriate Contract management of all Contracts associated with the Transmission Package.
- Responsibility for work programme tracking, cost control and risk management of all activities for delivery of the Transmission Package objectives
- Lead, manage and develop the Transmission Package team to ensure a high performing team are in place, and are engaged and motivated to deliver a winning bid.
- Report on Transmission Package team activities, including SHE statistics, programme progress, budget track, quality monitoring and resourcing of Transmission Package activities on a monthly basis.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who is degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline or holds equivalent industry experience with strong commercial acumen and the ability to interpret and manage multiple projects and/or business requirements simultaneously.
Extensive project management expertise and understanding of engineering fundamentals for offshore substation platforms, electrical systems and HV substations is required. You must also be confident in challenging all aspects of project costs, driving efficiency and value in all areas.
Due to the nature of this role, you are also be required to have the following;
- Experience of managing the development and delivery of complex electrical packages/contracts for offshore wind farm projects
- A solid understanding of complex, large scale multi-disciplinary bank financed JV projects.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability of motivating and leading a team of multi-disciplined individuals
- Demonstrable understanding of contract structures and interrelationships across multi-contract projects and the ability to identify commercial drivers for major infrastructure projects
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
We'll let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please contact Pamela Fleming
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.