|Position:||Transmission Digital Finance Business Partner|
|Salary:||Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to: - Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness
Salary: Circa £60,000k + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This role will be responsible for all financial support to the Transmission Digital Function at an exciting time of growth within the industry. As a natural monopoly, our Transmission business is subject to regulatory oversight by the industry regulator, Ofgem. As such we have a 'Regulatory Contract' (referred often to as a Regulatory Licence) in which we are required to comply with a number of obligations and underpins our financial and business performance drivers.
We are currently in the second year of this 5 year price control for Electricity Transmission (RIIO-T2). We have a long term plan to take the business forward as we look towards RIIO-T3 and deliver our RIIO-T2 commitments to support the overall Group. We are on course to invest over £4bn in our RIIO-T2 period and have committed to delivering a minimum of c£50m of Digital capabilities to help drive efficient, new ways of working and to enable and support SSE Transmission become a digital led business. This is part of delivering an ambitious 5 year business plan that will continue to support the transition to a low carbon energy world for the UK and the pathway to net zero emissions by 2050.
You will support the Transmission Digital programme working closely as part of a small team within Transmission Investment and other key internal stakeholders. This role requires significant financial discipline to underpin decision making and drive value and efficiency. The need to understand the nature of our regulatory obligations under our RIIO price controls is necessary to succeed in this role.
The Finance Business Partner has responsibility for budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis and modelling, reporting and insight and the operation of a robust system of financial control across Transmission Digital.
This role will provide financial guidance to the Digital programme to ensure the outcome is managed to deliver outcomes in line with our licence obligations. The individual will be required to work on their own initiative, understand complex issues, problem solve and convey this succinctly and clearly to inform decisions and strategy. This role will support Transmission Investment with recommendations and solutions to problems, whilst building relationships with procurement and commercial colleagues and project managers and directors. This is a varied and challenging role with other responsibilities:
- Providing insight and understanding the risks and opportunities in Digital projects while ensuring compliance with our obligations and corporate governance.
- Coordinating, collating, reviewing forecasts and delivering reports identifying the key financial drivers behind projects.
- Completing month end closedown activities and production of relevant and informative reports for the Digital leadership team to ensure they understand their reported numbers and impact and take action accordingly.
- Representing finance during project review boards, working closely with project teams, and being a key member in the delivery of projects within budget and on time.
- Completing capital investment appraisals and reviewing business cases to aid in optimising the Digital investment programme.
- Continual improvement and evaluation of existing processes and practices.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience operating in a commercial finance role within a large organisation with experience of a capital intensive business.
- Experience in a digital or technology environment will be supportive to your success in this role.
- Co-ordinating, collating and reviewing financial forecasts and delivering reports and insight on the forecast.
- Experience of representing finance on project review boards (or equivalent) and presenting financial information to Operational Directors.
- Being able to make decisions and recommendations while maintaining independence and professionalism at all times.
- The candidate will need to be pro-active and diligent in their approach and be willing to undertake challenging tasks sometimes beyond their 'comfort zone'.
- Be confident and articulate with the willingness to challenge and support colleagues and the business in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Able to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard.
- Experience of reviewing legal/regulatory/contractual documentation (primarily financial related elements).
- Appropriate Accounting qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) and at least 2 years PQE in an equivalent role.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.