|Position:||Training and Development Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Salary: Up to £28,000 plus excellent Company Benefits
Employment Basis: Permanent | Full time | 37 Hours per week
SSE Contracting are currently looking to recruit an experienced Training and Development administrator to join our team in Portsmouth.
In this role you will work either as an individual contributor or as part of a small team to co-ordinate the provision of administrative support and customer services. You'll provide guidance and support as necessary to ensure Company policy and procedures are effectively applied in providing a consistent, responsive, high quality and cost effective service. Working flexibly. you'll co-ordinate the team to ensure a high level of performance and best utilisation of resources in accordance with quality standards and budget requirements.
This role will involve implementing approved training plans (including one-to-one coaching as necessary) to ensure the provision of the required service in a resource efficient and cost effective manner is in place. You'll also take personal ownership of tasks and problem solving and, where applicable, facilitate this within the team to ensure all issues are satisfactorily resolved at the lowest possible level.
Further responsibilities will include identifying opportunities to enhance service and reduce costs by continuous improvement of process and practices; co-ordinating the collation of data and preparation of reports, schedules, summaries and correspondence as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- knowledge of key contracts and customer/client base
- awareness of the company's activities and objectives
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- working knowledge of all relevant Company policies, procedures and systems
- working knowledge of relevant client/customer procedures and systems
- proficient in main Microsoft Office applications
- good literacy skills
- ability to collate and manipulate data to produce meaningful reports
- coaching of colleagues in relevant areas
- awareness of financial and resource control practices
Competencies / capabilities
- good communication skills (listens; welcomes feedback)
- good time management and organisation skills
- ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks
- analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- able to use own initiative
- contributes to effective team working
- able to work flexibly and contribute as part of a team
- attention to detail and accuracy
- commitment to continuous improvement
- concern for accuracy and attention to detail
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you'll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You'll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (inclusive of public holidays), with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our "Be the Difference" scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.