|Position:||Trainee Protection Engineer - HV Networks|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Southampton
Salary: £Competitive Salary
Working Pattern: 37 hours | Permanent | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
Our HV business is a small but highly-skilled team of craftsmen and Senior Authorised people providing specialist LV and HV services to the electrical contracting businesses within the south-central region.
What is the Role?
You will be responsible for undertaking and delivering all elements of protection works including protection application and design, operations and commissioning on electrical networks from LV up to 33kV.
- Design of Protection systems up to 33kV
- Provide protection relay settings and configurations file
- Carry out onsite pre and post energisation commissioning of substation equipment including transformers, tap-changers, switchgear and protection relays
- Plan and carry out electrical testing and commissioning work in a safe manner, adhering to health and safety procedures at all times
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Create and model networks on industry protection software like ERACS.
- Produce commissioning reports, test documentation and update drawings to as built status
- Manage and liaise between clients, engineers, SAPs and DNO engineers
What Do I Need?
We require a minimum of HNC level in electrical or electronics engineering along with having a sound understating of working in a HV environment.
We would expect you to be self-motivated with a flexible and proactive approach to work and be able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
Sound technical electrical engineering knowledge and experience of commissioning including:
- Primary / secondary injection testing
- Relay programming and configuration (Micom, Sepam, Schneider, Siemens, ABB)
- AC & DC pressure testing
Trainees would be considered for this role upon demonstrating relevant experience and knowledge.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch (Ciaran Gilfedder/). Well let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.