|Position:||Thermal Energy Occupational Health and Wellbeing Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Keadby Power Station, Scunthorpe
Salary: Up to £33,577 (depending on experience) plus Car or Cash Allowance + Excellent Benefits
Working Basis: Permanent - Part Time Hours (19 hours per week )
About the Department
In SSE Thermal, our vision is to be the leading provider of flexible thermal energy in the UK and Ireland, complementing increased renewable generation and supporting the transition to a net zero future. As the world looks to take action on climate change, we will rely on the experience, expertise and ingenuity of our teams to provide the energy needed today, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
Reporting to the SHE Support & Assurance Manager, the Occupational Health & Wellbeing Manager will support SSE Thermal Energy in their efforts to keep people, assets and the environment safe from harm. Working closely with both the Thermal Energy SHE team and the SSE Group Occupational health team, you will manage the development and implementation of the Thermal Energy Occupational Health and Wellbeing Strategy and associated plans across the entire Thermal Energy Business. Coordinating across the business to develop and maintain Health and Wellbeing progress to being Best Practice for similar industries.
Typical responsibilities associated with this role will include (but may not be limited to) -
- Ensuring relevant documentation and training across the thermal energy is kept up to date whilst developing novel and efficient methods of training and delivery.
- Working closely with Internal Comms and Branding team to deliver fresh and engaging communication across all areas of the business to deliver Health and Wellbeing messages to employees.
- Reviewing Occupational Health and Wellbeing data and records for all sites within your area of responsibility to ensure they are performing in a compliant manner. Including responsibility for remedial action on any issues.
- Monthly reporting to the Thermal SHEC and Thermal EXCO to demonstrate all Occupational Health and Wellbeing related activity, incidents and programmes are followed up and being delivered to the expected standards.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with site managers, contractors, local contacts that are responsible for delivering Occupational Health and Wellbeing at a site level.
- Ensuring the Thermal Energy SHE Team is a trusted partner across SSE keeping people healthy and safe as they go about their business.
- Responsible for ensuring Occupational Health and Wellbeing programmes are delivered efficiently, on time and within budget to meet business needs.
- Lead the development of systems to support consistent SHE traits and practice and support the businesses in developing tools to manage specific risks.
- Increase effectiveness of controls to manage SHE risks and maintain the system to support the wellbeing of SSE Thermal Energy employees.
- Visit other industries / conferences to gain benchmark information in order to assist in developing a best practice Occupational Health strategy for SSE Thermal Energy.
Skills and Experience Required
To be successful in this role you will ideally possess the following knowledge and experience, relevant to the position -
- Broad understanding of building safety and statutory regulations
- Strong understanding of safety culture (including Wellbeing)
- Detailed knowledge of safety procedures and policy in the Thermal Energy environment
- Understand technical requirements of Thermal Energy from a Occupational Health Perspective
- Document control processes
- Knowledge of legislation
- Knowledge of SSE Thermal Energy business structures
- Knowledge of SSE values and operating culture
Essential Functional/Technical Skills
- ISOH / NEBOSH or equivalent Safety Qualification
- Full Driving licences (due to the amount of travel required for the role)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Wellbeing programmes
- Blue sky thinking
- Ability to develop and deliver plans and projects in a complex, multi-disciplinary organisation
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and resilience in a busy and challenging environment
- Good understanding of SHE Management system & UK legal regulations
- Ability to effectively identify and analyse problems, understand risks and implement optimal solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate at all levels
- Passionate about Health and wellbeing
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to work and deliver without direct supervision
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literate
- Ownership and accountability
- Provides a responsive service to businesses
- An ambassador for SSE Thermal Energy
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.