Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Technical Support Engineer - Service Function
Cambridge, Eastern England
GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum + pension, hols, bonus
Technical Support Engineer - service function - Royston - £35K per annum plus benefits - Multinational manufacturer!
This is a chance to work for a Multinational corporation who have been a leading manufacturer of instruments, analytical equipment and automated reactors on 5 continents.
This role is for someone who has a technical background in engineering and has the character and communication skills to talk through problems and resolutions with clients and colleagues via telephone.
This is a business that has a continuous focus for innovation and ensuring that they offer the most modern techniques, technologies and methodologies. There is investment, learning and an interesting work environment with challenging and interesting work.
- Receive calls and information from customers and engineers reporting faults
- Identification and analysis of the fault to determine the best path to resolution
- Technical advice on equipment faults, diagnosis and new products
- Remote problem solving skills
- Customer service focus and methods for all customer contact
- Commercial awareness for potential upgrades to customer machines
- Working with the Field Service Engineers to ensure timely and effective solutionWhat skills / quals / experience do you need?
- Engineering qualification in relevant discipline
- Motivation, customer service and communication skills
- Problem solving skills and engineering issue resolution
- Mechanical and electrical engineering proficiency
- Organised and adaptable
- £35-40K dependant on experience
- The chance to work for a truly global business
- Career and personal development
- Further benefits
Keywords: Technical support, service engineering, customer service, communication, mechanical, engineering, electrical, software, instruments, analytical equipment, problem solving, machinery.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
pension, hols, bonus