|Salary:||GBP28506 - GBP37650 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Fixed Term Contract (12 months), likelihood of extension
Base Location: Cardiff
Salary: £28,506 - £37,650 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Energy Customer Solutions is the face of SSE to our customers in GB and Ireland, providing leading and reliable B2B services as well as leading retail solutions for our B2C customers.
What is the Role?
As a BOS Technical Analyst, your main responsibility will be to provide first line support and maintenance for all Business Energy systems. The job holder will be responsible for managing each request received via the BOS Support mailbox, from the first point of contact until resolution. In addition, typical duties will include responding to a high demand of support requests, managing communication with second line support / third parties, address training issues, review support documentation and conduct scheduled audits.
A significant part of this support role will include the development of MIS reports using tools such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server and Power BI.
The design and development of ad hoc MIS reports from a variety of systems.
- Responsible for the design, development and validation of ad hoc MIS reports and statistics, both for management and to assist the business carry out their daily tasks.
Rapid Application Development
- Specialise in building short term tactical solutions using Excel, Access, Power BI and SQL Server.
Responding to Ofgem \ Regulatory requests
- This involves liaison with regulation \ other departments to ensure the correct rules are followed and returns are consistent.
Management of the ESBOS Support mailbox
- The job holder is effectively the keeper of the ESBOS Support mailbox.
Responding to a high demand of support requests
- The job holder is responsible for the managing and co-ordinating all work requests.
Address training issues
- The job holder will be expected to identify when this is the case and ensure the request raiser is trained appropriately and the Manager kept informed.
Conduct scheduled audits
- To ensure all agreed audits related to ESBOS Support tasks are carried out and kept up to date.
What do I need?
The ideal candidate for this role will have in depth knowledge of Business Energy systems and procedures, strong knowledge of sales processes and extensive knowledge of all support activities. A good understanding of how Business Energy fit in with other business units (e.g. trading, pricing and forecasting) would be highly advantageous. As an advanced user of MS packages, you will be a skilled user of Outlook, advanced in the use of Excel and MS Access.
This role is open to internal and external applicants. Internal applicants should notify their line manager before submitting their application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For specific questions relating to this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch on sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.