|Position:||Tarmac Reinstator (Ground Worker)|
|Salary:||GBP24479 - GBP29879 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness
Salary: £24,479 - £29,879 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Reinstator/Tarmac Operative (Ground Worker) to join our Cabling team in Inverness.
- In this hands-on role, you'll be responsible for reinstating SSE excavations to Code of Practice and reduce our contractor expenditure.
- You'll work as part of a team, reinstating excavations in highways and private sites which are necessary to maintain our distribution network, ensuring good team communication and that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Working outside to strict timescales, you must comply with regulations we abide by, and you'll be able to deliver excellent customer service where reactive maintenance is required.
- This is a physically demanding role, involving extensive reinstatement works on the highway and private land.
- Working closely with your manager, you may also be asked to assist with other ad hoc projects.
What Do I Need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Some experience with reinstating techniques including Tarmac, modular services, slabs and concrete.
- Experience of working on public highways involving setting up and taking down temporary traffic signals to the code of practice and working alongside hotbox, concrete, and grab lorries.
- Full UK driving license with a 7.5t entitlement is required and HGV entitlement is preferred.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.