|Position:||System Technical Services Manager|
|Salary:||GBP61100 - GBP91700 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Various around the North of Scotland
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Happy to talk about Flexible First
As Technical Services Manager, you will have full responsibility for the provision of technical services across the Distribution (North) network supporting our capital delivery programme, customer connection projects and day to day activities.
- You will ensure that projects have the correct level of technical support for the network and are managed effectively.
- You will manage a team of highly technical design, delivery and field engineers, providing a service to operational and project teams.
- You will have overall management of up to 30 staff carrying out design, engineering and commissioning support across distribution.
- You will provide specialist design support and project sign off for large and complex Major Connections projects.
- You will have a key role within the business in procuring and managing specialist engineering contractors, ensuring safety, quality and value for money.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Management experience in the delivery of operations within a similar role/environment.
- Experience of leading and managing large teams, projects and programmes either in a utility / engineering environment.
- Desire to promote safe working practices & assess safety and financial risks.
- Ability to network, internally / externally to facilitate development of customers and supply chain.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills and the ability to influence others at all levels both internally and externally.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are essential to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens next?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a criminality and credit check.