|Position:||Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability Manager - SGN|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Flexible across SGN bases - Southern England/Scotland
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + benefits
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Company
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGN's commitments to keeping our customers' homes and businesses safe.
We're on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box - futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we're passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
What is the Role?
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability Manager. The main purpose of this role is to ensure that Company practices, processes and procedures are sustainable and environmentally in compliance with the national and international regulations. You would be responsible for aligning with the global best practices in supply chain for the gas distribution business, as well as deploying specific projects and initiatives along the supply chain to minimise environmental impact and enhance the company's reputation.
- Contribute to, create and proactively manage SGN Sustainable Procurement Policy/ Supplier Code of Conduct related to greenhouse gas emissions, energy, waste, water and chemicals management at the supply chain level
- Identify and manage current or potential environmental risks and mitigations, as well as defining recovery and improvement actions along supply chain
- Collaborate with the SGN Environment & Climate Change Team to drive supply chain actions aligned with the pathway to achieve net-zero by 2045, setting KPI's and targets to improve supply chain performance on key sustainability themes
- Work with supply chain to reduce the embedded carbon in key elements of our infrastructure
- Oversee the reporting of SGN's suppliers carbon footprint and progress towards SGN goals, specifically lead the company's approach to climate disclosure and reporting (e.g. CDP)
- Drive the delivery of a program dedicated to lowering SGN's footprint, by minimising carbon and resource use impact of SGN supply chain, using renewable technologies, decreasing the waste of suppliers and embedding circular economy principles
- Define audits plans in the frame of SGN suppliers risk management, in order to improve the supply chain environmental performance and implement specific trainings on sustainability related subjects
- Help to identify and implement supplier remediation and capacity building solutions around energy, water, wastewater and chemicals challenges in the context of broader environmental challenges
- Manage ESG questionnaires or requests regarding environmental impacts of the supply chain
What do I need?
We are seeking someone with around 8 years of experience in this area. It's essential this person is motivated with a 'can-do' attitude as well as integrity and initiative.
We are also looking for:
- Environmental or Chemical Engineering or Economics degree
- Project management; risk management and analysis; data analytics and reporting
- Training and presentation skills
- Agile thinking, analytical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Work cooperatively and effectively in teams to achieve the goals
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible.
We also offer company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We're quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…