Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Guildford, South East England
GBP300 - GBP350 per day
Subcontract Manager - Guilford
Are you passionate about making the world a safer place?
This defence technology giant protects people and helps maintain and improve national security.
They are searching for a talented, experienced and driven Subcontract Manager to join their industry-leading organisation. You will be joining a highly-skilled, award-winning workforce specialising in security and resilience by collecting and managing information to provide threat intelligence and consumer insight.
- Reporting to the relevant manager, these positions sit within the wider Procurement function.
- The role requires a solid procurement background and a good understanding of complex technical IT programmes, consulting, software product development or cybersecurity solutions.
- To lead and manage the procurement activity for strategic bids in support of business winning and follow on sub-contract management of defined areas of responsibility as allocated.
- To deliver an optimized service, quality and cost offering to the customers of Procurement (both internal and externally facing) and to deliver sustainable [measurable] service excellence through demonstrable customer satisfaction.
- To manage all subcontract activities in conjunction with the technical team including subcontract construct, negotiation, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
- As part of bid teams, support/lead/manage subcontract shaping and negotiation of subcontracts.
- To manage and report on all subcontract activities in support of bids/projects through the lifecycle.
- Hold regular reviews with subcontractors to address schedule/technical compliance.
- Provide regular update reports to the relevant project and senior management.
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from supplier base.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
- Establish and maintain effective KPI's to enable accurate measurement of performance.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate records and subcontract data for monthly management reports as required.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Maintenance of working practises & environment consistent with Company and Legislative safety & environmental requirements.
- To undertake reasonable tasks as required.
- Provide subcontract commercial advice and support to bid and project teams as required.
- Delivery against budgetary targets where applicable.
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- Previous Procurement and Subcontract experience in an IT environment.
- Establishing and managing subcontracts in large (> £50M) prime contractor projects within the IT/IS domain.
- Subcontract commercial management of large prime contract solutions within HMG and commercial business sectors.
- Establishing and managing subcontracts in managed services projects.
- Establishing and managing overseas export subcontract partners.
- Has maturity and gravitas to work with senior levels of the client base.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues.
- Financial management experience of complex subcontracts.
- A good degree in the relevant subject.
- Previous Procurement and Subcontract experience.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to liaise and influence key Stakeholders.
- High-level communication skills, attention to detail and a desire and willingness to learn.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Relevant Master's Degree, IACCM trained, MCIPS
Agency: Anson McCade
Duration: 3 Months
Day Rate: £350
Contact: Ross McKee