|Salary:||GBP30273 - GBP35194 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Theale
Salary: £30,272 - £35,194, depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: | Full Time | Office based
We are looking for a Stock/Resource Controller to join our team to provide excellent customer service through the management and control of materials and equipment stocks.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all ordering and deliveries to the site, and manage stock levels by using the business processes and systems to good effect.
- Work with our logistics providers to resolve any stock and delivery related issues, including taking action to resolve any materials shortages.
- Organise and maintain the depot yard areas. This includes managing the recycling centre, ensuring safety standards are met, completing yard audits and reporting any risks and incidents such as oil spills.
- Act as a First Aider on site (you will be supported to gain/maintain a First Aid at Work qualification).
- Maintain registers of COSHH substances, and support with tools and equipment inspections and updating records where required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service.
- A diligent attitude towards safety and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Part of your role will be maintaining system records and ensuring data is up to date, and therefore you should be comfortable using IT systems, with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A Forklift Licence and relevant Street works qualifications would be of benefit, but are not essential and training will be provided.
- A full UK driving licence is a requirement. Whilst there is no company vehicle provided with this role, transport will be made available for necessary travel between sites and to make any urgent deliveries.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.