|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + Car/Cash Allowance and Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness or Perth
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available 37 hours
About the Department
Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
The Specification Manager role supports the Policy & Standards Team within Transmission to provide clear technical guidance and governance for Projects, Transmission Planning, Operations and Asset Management. This team is the single point of contact for technical policy and specification based decisions, and is separate from the traditional Engineering function.
Reflecting the level of reliability required on the network, this team is required to cover all critical areas of expertise for effective operation of the SHE Transmission network, in accordance with governing requirements such as the Grid Code and SQSS
The main purpose of the roles is to manage the review, update and creation of specifications and other technical documents for SHE Transmission to ensure clear technical expectations are set for all equipment and designs used on the Transmission network including operating and maintenance requirements.
As the Specification Manager you will:
- Manage the status of all SHE Transmission specifications and other technical documents ensuring they are reviewed in line with their expiry date, lessons learnt and technology or legislative changes.
- Manage the review and creation of technical documents by SMEs ensuring authors, reviewers and approvers are allocated and the correct procedure is followed.
- Manage the appointment of external resource to create or review technical documents when required including completion of the engagement authorisation process, obtaining quotations, agreeing scope and managing progress of all contracts.
- Budget and financial management for all external resources.
- Manage the Deviation from Specification process, ensuring all deviation requests are properly registered, reviewed and addressed by SMEs.
- Manage access to external standards, ensuring access rights are appropriate to the role and are reviewed regularly.
- Liaise with the Innovation Manager and SMEs to determine when specifications should be updated to reflect the availability of new technology or processes.
Your Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong organisation and project management skills.
- Ability to plan, programme and manage multiple document reviews and processes simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritise workload to achieve demanding targets and deadlines.
- Good understanding of document control and drafting requirements.
- Computer skills - in particular spreadsheets, databases and project management tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to prepare clear and concise reports, including conclusions and clear recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills as the role interacts across broad areas of the business and at multiple levels.
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of a range of SHE Transmission, National Grid, British and European Standards.
This role will require travel therefore a full, current driving licence is required.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch at sse.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.