Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
SOC / SIEM Analyst
GBP300 - GBP350 per day
Security Analyst (SOC/SIEM)
As someone with a passion for understanding and defeating the latest online threats, you'll use your
knowledge to protect a global client base. In return, you'll be working at the cutting edge of
new technology, learning new skills and gaining certifications that are recognised and respected
across the industry.
You should have commercial experience working in an advanced Security Operations Centre (SOC) which uses a combination of established solutions and cutting-edge internally developed technology to protect IT networks from a wide range of cyber threats on a 24x7x365 basis, with a particular focus on protecting organisations that are threatened by sophisticated targeted attacks. This includes operational responsibility for all in-life services delivered to customers across a wide variety of market sectors.
This is a shift based role which is responsible for analysing and responding to all security and service related events on a 24x7 basis. The role is 'hands-on', with a requirement to carry out cyber
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and analyse Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Anomaly Detection Systems (ADS),
Firewall event logs, and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolset event logs
to identify security attacks and threats for remediation/suppression.
- Assist in Computer Security Incident Response activities for large organisations as a 1st line
security analyst to identify various malicious threats in enterprise environments.
- Ensure timely accurate communications of alerts to IT, Network or Security groups regarding
intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating
- Assist Senior Analysts with the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Although not directly accountable for changes to policy and guidelines, you will be required to make recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Experience required for this role:
- Broad experience of technologies including but not limited to; Firewalls, IPS & IDS, Active
Directory, Windows Server, Linux, TCP/IP, Networks, AWS, CDN's, Vulnerability
management and SIEM, DRM.
- At least basic knowledge of the fundamentals of cybersecurity.
- Security Administration.
- Incident containment, recovery and mitigation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to work flexible schedules (Shift Based).
- Ability to gain UK (SC) Security Clearance - Please check with The UK Security Vetting Service if you are eligible before applying.
- Relevant security certifications including SSCP, CEH, Security, GCIH.
- Experience with SIEM or Service Desk toolsets.
- Evidence of working to SLAs within a Security Operations Centre.
Rate: Up to £350 per day (Outside IR35)
Agency: Anson McCade
Contact: Peter Vannet