|Position:||Smart Metering Install Project Analyst|
|Salary:||GBP26120 - GBP34500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £26,120 - £34,500 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
The Energy Solutions Smart Metering Programme has successfully implemented the changes to our core systems and processes, enabling us to hit our target of offering a compliant smart meter to all customers who are eligible by the end of 2021. We are now moving to a new regime which focuses on successful installations, so there is a need to ensure that every opportunity to install a smart meter is taken.
The Smart Installation Business Analyst will:
- Support projects relating to improving the installation of Smart Meters, from inception through to Business Realisation / transition to BAU.
- Support continuous improvement in all areas of smart Installations including eligibility, appointment booking, cancellations and aborts, meter commissioning and ongoing meter health.
- Provide ad-hoc support and insight based on the regular reporting: spotting and investigating trends or unexpected findings. Proactively looking for approaches to resolve
- Supporting Smart leads and wider business stakeholder in development of presentation materials, facilitating workshops, carrying out analysis, updating plans, minuting meetings and chasing actions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of working on regulatory projects, preferably in the energy sector, or on smart meter rollout programmes.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills, experience of MS Office suite including Power Point and Excel.
- Highly motivated to deliver results and 'go the extra mile'.
- Proactive, organised self-starter.
- Strong attention to detail.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey on 01738 340426.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.