|Position:||Site Construction Manager|
|Salary:||GBP32000 - GBP44000 per annum + annual bonus, car/car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth / Glasgow / Inverness / Aberdeen
Salary: £32,000 - £44,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours
About the Department
Transmission are part of the SSE Group and operate under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the North of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of electricity substations, underground cables, subsea cables and overhead wooden poles and steel towers and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
Over the next 5 - 6 years Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc will be developing and delivering some of the largest and most exciting infrastructure projects in Scotland and there is an opportunity for you to be involved. With a business plan to deliver over £2bn of investments between 2021 and 2026 there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
We have seen unprecedented growth in renewable generation in the North of Scotland over the last decade which has triggered significant investment in growing and improving our transmission network. As we now approach a new price control period, we are planning for a continued level of growth to accommodate both the renewable energy sector and the maintenance and phased replacement of some ageing assets within the existing network.
What is the Role?
The Transmission team is responsible for delivering projects across the North of Scotland. We are looking for experienced and capable Site Construction Managers to successfully lead in the safe delivery of the projects on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
The projects will involve the construction of High Voltage (132kV and above) infrastructure and the successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of significant and major projects and must therefore be experienced in overseeing all aspects of the civils, building, M&E fit out, electrical and cabling works in the delivery of large complex projects.
- Responsible for ensuring site activities comply with planning consents and SHE legislation, you will liaise with SSE staff and contractors, helping to maximise project team effort.
- As a great communicator, you will develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, stakeholders and the community.
- You will provide support to the Project Manager by providing efficient and accurate reports, represent the Project Manager at site meetings and take the lead coordinating role in aspects of the project site delivery including enabling activities, liaison with 3rd parties, commissioning and Operations interfaces.
For this role, experience in the construction and delivery of HVAC (132kV and above) electricity infrastructure is preferred.
What do I need?
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable site management experience on large electricity infrastructure projects coupled with knowledge in the following:
- Reporting and management requirements that come with such a role,
- Experience of personal responsibility in the delivery of large capital projects,
- Experience of construction health and safety legislation practices, including CDM regulations,
- Experience in all aspects of major civils and industrial buildings construction,
- Good organisational and communication skills and be confident challenging others in open discussion,
- Resolving conflicts and planning site activities.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.