|Position:||SHE Management Systems Manager|
|Salary:||GBP44100 - GBP66100 per annum + performance-related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The role of the SHE Management Systems Manager (Safety, Health and Environment) is to support th Head of SHE Distribution/SHE Director by managing the SHE Management System in its entirety; including but not limited to management of the Risk Register, management of change process, and developing, maintaining, and implementing a robust and certifiable documentation system within Distribution.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that any corrective and preventive actions for the SHE Management System, arising from Incidents, Assurance audits (internal or external) or the Annual Management Review are adequately defined and effectively implemented.
- Maintain business certification to ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015 respectively, to demonstrate effectiveness of SHE Management System, complete annual management review, and organise annual management review meeting with SHE Committee members and Head of SHE.
- Contribute to the delivery of the SHE Team assurance audit programme by supporting the delivery of effective audits across SSE and where required on SHE Management System elements.
- Develop and maintain the Networks Distribution SHE Management System documentation set, comprising, Management Standards, Risk Standards, SHE Procedures, Reference Documents, Forms, Risk Cards, briefing notes/communications and Internal SHE Team procedures.
- Lead projects to implement changes, improvements, and best practices within the SHE Management System.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience in the application of the SHE Management Systems in a complex project environment or in a similar complex environment as well as previous Project Management experience.
- You will ideally have a degree or equivalent in a relevant area such as Business Management or Health & Safety.
- Good understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISO 45003.
- Experience in the setting and management of policies and procedures and be able to effectively identify and carry out opportunities for improvement.
- You will act as a role model to establish effective team working, have excellent communication skills and will be a problem solver.
About our Business
At SSE, Safety is our number one value. We live by the mantra if it's not safe, we don't do it and this is the key objective of our Safety teams. Whether it be our own people, or a focus on our customers and communities, our SHE teams are responsible for ensuring we minimise risk and get everyone safely at the end of the working day.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.