|Position:||Service Provider Commercial Manager|
|Salary:||GBP60000 - GBP85000 per annum + annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £60,000 - £85,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Telecoms (SSEET) is one of the UK's leading connectivity providers and operate a 12,000+km private telecoms network and 15 data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading-edge SD-Wan, Ethernet, Optical and dark fibre services
What is the Role
The Service Provider Commercial Manager (SPCM) will report directly to the Commercial Director, with a dotted line into the Service Provider Sector Director.
The SPCM's core responsibilities will include commercial approval of larger Business as Usual opportunities, understanding end client's dynamic range of commercial requirements and create innovation commercial solutions that look to create value for the customer and SSE ET.
Working closely with the Service Providers Sales & Business Development team, the successful application will be supporting development of high value sales opportunities with end clients, influence the sales team to shape and structure all opportunities to suit SSEET's core business objectives as well as sales targets, and in gaining the Governance approval with SSE Stakeholders, this will include creation and development of three point estimates to demonstrate IRR%, ROI & ROCE.
- Be professional and credible face of the commercial arm of the business with our customers, vendors, suppliers and partners
- Be able to present a coherent story about SSEET and our differentiators/customer benefits
- Be able to pull together a good presentation deck for a variety of commercial matters and always singing the virtue of SSEET
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of our network (including routes, BT Exchanges and Commercial Data Centres) being able to demo the network maps live to customers and know spare fibre counts on each route
- Understand the future likely network development
- Understand the key drivers within the Service Provider sector and work with the sector lead/ director to position SSEET within the sector for optimum commercial advantage
What do I need?
To succeed in this role, the successful applicant should have experience in working in a commercial environment of a telecoms network solutions provider and therefore understand the SSEET product set & network connectively solutions, experience within the Service Provide sector is welcome. Additionally, they should be able to understand IRR%, ROI & ROCE mechanics and leverage a commercial model to get the desired result. As SSEET plans to growth its network reach, experience in 5-year planning and forecasting would also benefit the application.
- Knows and can articulate customer needs and key drivers and around the customers key financial metrics for letting a contract with SSEET
- Knows and can articulate commercial / financial org structure including real decision makers and power/influencers
- Understands how IRR% and returns on Capital (ROCE) work on larger opportunities and develop strategies and tactics with business development team, for optimising these throughout the contract life
- Functional and working knowledge of financial models supporting larger opportunities. Be competent in driving the formulation of financial models and bring confidence and support to the outputs and metrics from such
- Work closely with financial colleagues in ensuring all key commercial positions, capital expenditure, liabilities, risks and opportunities are captured within the relevant financials for the sector including monthly reporting, forecasts, budgets and 5-year plans
- Understands the key commercial levers within a commercial contract
- Undertake "first pass" reviews of contracts, flag inherent risks within and potential solutions to mitigate; feed commentaries to legal team for formal legal review
- Understand the contractual architecture of a Telecoms deal and ensure all contractual schedules (including technical schedules) are "ring-mastered" to minimise risk and exposure to SSEET
- Honesty and integrity
- Commercially astute and treats SSEET money as they would their own
- Customer focused - makes and keeps commitments to customers and team
- Open to feedback. Not defensive about flaws and willing to learn
- Can network within the customer, the industry, the business and within the wider Enterprise team (and join the dots!)
- Forward thinking organised and focused on the plan
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?