|Position:||Service Provider Channel Manager/Director|
|Salary:||GBP44800 - GBP67200 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading (Flexible in England with regular meetings in Reading)
Salary: £44,800 - £67,200 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + estimated annual bonus between £45k-£65k.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Telecoms is one of the UK's leading connectivity providers and operate a 12,000+km private telecoms network and 15 data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading-edge SD-Wan, Ethernet, Optical and dark fibre services
What is the Role?
- Reporting to our Head of Sales, the successful applicant will join a very successful sales team with an exciting growth plan.
- The role is focused on New Business Development with a small element of Account Management growth focusing on Channel clients & Value Added Resellers.
- Develop new business within the channel clients, establishing new relationships with both new business clients and historical but non active Service Provider clients.
- Drive new revenue and high-volume sales of SSE's portfolio into the telecoms channel market, focusing on securing business from a variety of Value-Added Resellers using your established business relationships and previous successful experience of selling into the channel market.
- Develops action plans to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company.
- Opportunity to lead new product, network enhancements and commercial improvements required to optimise channel sales to your customers.
- Create suitable account plans and strategies for key channel partners, to win new revenue from new and/or existing accounts.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast of identified opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements, including day to day updates and progression of your pipeline within CRM.
- Contribution to sales campaign development and networking events, both in the UK & abroad
What do I need?
Essential Functional/Technical Skills/Qualifications
- Experience in working within telco or carrier selling wholesale connectivity solutions.
- A minimum of 5 years experience selling into Value Added Resellers & Channel market.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to influence shaping of commercial sales propositions.
- Excellent verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Articulate, confident and tenacious with the ability to self-manage and act on ones own initiative against pre-determined sales targets and objectives.
- Literate including the grammatical correctness and structure of written communications
- High level of professionalism with strong presentation and technical qualification skills.
- Demonstrate tact and persuasion in both internal and customer discussions or meetings
- Knowledge of strategic selling: Miller Heimann, SPIN, TAS, Holden or similar proven methodologies
- Willing to progress their career in a successful and ambitious telecoms business.
- Highly organised, disciplined and professional with the ability to work accurately to demanding timeframes.
- Business focused and committed to delivering exceptional results.
- Assertive and confident with a "can-do, will do, want to do" approach.
- Positive, determined and motivated by business challenge.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to collaborative and innovative working.
- Embraces and supports change.
- Able to rationalise and make incisive decisions.
- Flexibility to undertake regular travel in the UK will be required with occasional travel into Europe and North America.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with myself
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Companys verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.