|Position:||Service Delivery Manager|
|Salary:||GBP67506 - GBP78474 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Havant
Salary: £67,506 - £78,474 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This is a demanding yet rewarding role within SSE's Renewables IT team. Our Renewables Business strives to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland as well as developing our effective hydro fleet. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030. You will join the team during a transformational period as we adopt more Agile ways of working, further enhanced by the adoption of DevOps. The IT Service Management function is fundamental to enable consistent and reliable operational IT service to our customers, underpinned by a continual service improvement cycle to ensure we deliver the best value IT service. This role will lead that function for our Renewables business.
As an IT Service Delivery Manager, you will report to the Head of IT Delivery and assume the following core responsibilities.
- Provide direction to and help co-ordinate continual service improvement initiatives that can demonstrate value.
- Develop and enhance stakeholder relationships by acting upon customer feedback and supporting the transformation of the IT Service Management function through the adoption of agile ways of working.
- Ensures new services are transitioned to an operational state either with Group IT Shared Services or with External suppliers.
- Ensures operational security and integrity of IT services and that services are compliant with audit and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective commercial and service management of external suppliers, including monitoring of all direct contractual agreements: financial, term and conditions of use.
- Ensure availability of appropriate and accredited technical skills and competencies required to deliver service. Identify staff training needs to promote opportunity for service delivery.
What do I need?
Experience in the Energy/Utilities industry and Agile practices would provide a great advantage towards this role. As a Service Delivery Manager we're looking for the right enthusiastic leader candidate with a passion for customer satisfaction, to be able to act and prioritise independently as well as collaborate successfully with relevant peers.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Expert in the use of Service Management processes and best practice such as ITIL; qualified to ISEB Managers certificate level.
- Experienced across a broad range of IT services and disciplines, coupled with expertise in professional standards.
- Commercial, Financial, Contract and Supplier Management experience.
- Significant experience of working in IT at a management level with strong leadership experience in IT Service Management.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 275 846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.