|Position:||Senior Specialist Analyst Programmer|
|Salary:||EUR72400 - EUR108600 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €72,400 - €108,600 + Performance Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible Working patterns available.
What is the Role?
SSE Energy Customer Solutions (ECS) strategy has identified Digital as a key capability to meet its objectives. The ECS Digital Team is expanding and needs full-stack Digital Developers who enjoy the challenge of an evolving Agile environment. This is a demanding and diverse role with a large backlog of Digital deliverables.
Working closely with cross functional teams to ensure requirements are designed, built and delivered in a fast-paced business environment, you and your teammates are responsible for building high quality and fully performing software that complies with coding standards, technical design and security guidelines and guardrails. You will be responsible for delivering new functionality and capability and along with your colleagues you will contribute to development improvements and standards, forming an efficient and effective delivery capability.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Delivering product backlog items across the end-to-end products as part of an agile framework in a DevOps environment.
- Setting priorities and managing systems maintenance activities, by leading the process of detailed technical planning.
- Undertaking complex systems designs and leading the development process within the multi-disciplinary teams to undertake detailed analysis and coding activities.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems with applications systems (both internal and third party) in the production environment.
- Developing test plans and test data and conducting tests.
What do I need?
- Excellent analysis capability and extensive design experience.
- Experience from a similar senior / lead development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation.
- Experience of working in environments that follow DevOps principles and strong working knowledge of and experience in using DevOps tools.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle and ability to apply it to in a product context.
- Programming experience in Net Core, Node or any other programming languages.
- Good knowledge of Azure (API manager, web application, function apps, NSGs, private links etc).
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. We are now accelerating our Digital journey and move to an agile organisation by building up key roles in our Digital delivery teams.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check. If you are not an EU or UK citizen, please provide details of your working visa with your application.