Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Senior Software Engineer
Basingstoke, Southern England
GBP60000 - GBP70000 per annum + Depending on experience
Our client is a leading beverage equipment provider, and they are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their expanding team in the Basingstoke area of Hampshire.
They have ambitious plans to expand the range and features of its class leading drinks beverage systems and machines. A key part of this ambition is how they can harness new technology and adapt it to benefit their customers and consumers.
They are seeking dynamic and experienced Software Engineers to join the Equipment Development Team to bring this new technology to their products. The successful candidate will join the Software Engineering Team, reporting to the Global Software Engineering and Product Development Manager.
Software for their products covers a wide range of domains and technologies deployed in embedded real time solutions for our global drink beverage machine range. This role requires a technically savvy and skilled C++ designer to focus on the design and development of software solutions for our embedded Host controllers, which are the link between the mechatronic control systems, users and external systems.
Working as part of a product development team, the role requires a close working relationship with mechanical and electronics engineers as well as wider multidiscipline project teams. The individual in this role will be required to be the project software lead, able to propose, define, design and deploy software systems that work seamlessly with the other parts of the system solution.
Software project teams will be a mixture of internal and external developers. The individual in this role is required to be a "player manager", both as an individual contributor as well as managing the project software delivery teams. This role requires a high degree of self-motivation, the ability to be a self-starter, and a strong team player.
- MANAGEMENT OF DESIGN TEAMS: Lead and coordinate software design teams, including internal and external partners and consultants to ensure complete and timely delivery of proven software solutions.
- SYSTEMS DESIGN: Responsible for conceiving, defining, planning, and implementing embedded real time control system software designs for existing and new drinks equipment (brewers and vending machines).
- DESIGN IMPLEMENTATION: Be a key contributor to the development, delivery and maintenance of software.
- HARNESS EXTERNAL EXPERTISE: Identify and build relationships with technology and service suppliers to support current and future products or projects.
- DRIVER FOR QUALITY: Apply software testing, verification, and validation tools to ensure best possible quality for the software and the system it controls. Evaluate and approve the software solutions delivered by external partners.
- WORK WITH CROSS DISCIPLINE PROJECT TEAMS: Consult and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team, translating needs into realizable goals, and clearly reporting progress to project managers and key stakeholders as needed.
- TOOL CHAIN MANAGEMENT: Specify, deploy, and maintain appropriate tool chains for software development and software maintenance that enable rapid project development.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- QUALIFICATIONS: Honours Degree in Computing/Software or related engineering subject.
- DESIGN EXPERIENCE: Broad experience designing multi-process and multi-threaded user facing software solutions running on a variety of embedded operating systems with strong Linux cross-platform development skills. Strong experience of PC based development environments.
- PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND TOOLS: Expert level of competence in Cross-Platform development of Embedded C++, OOD, ANSI-C and C# with strong Visual Studio, User Interfaces and Qt framework. Knowledge of; Visual GDB, Networks, IoT, Encryption, Security and embedded relational databases is desirable.
- LINUX EXPERIENCE: Proven experience in deploying embedded Linux systems to bespoke hardware systems. Experience of Board Bring Up, Linux device driver development, Board Support Package (BSP) creation is a plus.
- TEAM AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Knowledge and experience leading project teams, including multidiscipline teams, both at a functional, as well as at a project level, managing internal and external resources.
In return the business will offer a generous package of £60-70k, plus a host other perks, such as bonuses, pension, etc.
If you are an experienced Senior Software Engineer in the Basingstoke area, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.
Depending on experience