|Position:||Senior Regulation Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £32,700 - £49,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time 37 hours per week with flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Regulation Analyst within SHE Transmissions Regulation team.
Operating in an environment where changes to regulatory policy can have a significant impact on business operations, and non-compliance with the prevailing regulation can result in fines of up to 10% of turnover, your primary responsibility in the role of Senior Regulation Analyst is to lead on preparing recommendations on regulatory policy. This will involve working closely with your SHE Transmission colleagues to provide qualitative and quantitative evidence to inform our regulatory policy positions across a wide range of areas, identify and resolve regulatory issues, and provide guidance on regulatory submissions and business practices.
It is an exciting time to join SHE Transmission which has recently published its Business Plan outlining its ambitious plans for the next price control period (RIIO-T2), including proposals which would see expenditure of at least £2bn over the five-year period. You will play an important role in ensuring a successful outcome of the RIIO-T2 plan as we reach the final stages of the review process, completing relevant regulatory action in support of the delivery of the RIIO-T2 plan from April 2021, and the delivery and close out of the current RIIO-T1 price control, which is due to end on 31 March 2021.
What do I need?
This is a key role within our business and will require the following knowledge/skills:
- Experience within a similar analytical role within a corporate environment; and
- A demonstrable understanding of the energy industry and/or energy regulation gained from experience as well as through social/professional networking is desirable but not essential.
Functional / Technical
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical capability, crucially with ability to use this information to inform policy decisions;
- Rigorous and thorough approach in carrying out research and analysis, seeking multiple data sources and opinions, and from this establishing well-reasoned conclusions, proposals and recommendations;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements through an ability to interpret information, notice discrepancies/inconsistencies, determine their significance/risk, and advise on resolution;
- Ability to negotiate with key stakeholders to positively assist in a successful outcome for SHE Transmission;
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to present (written and verbal) to internal and external audiences on critical content, for example Ofgem consultations;
- Ability to operate, and an interest in operating, out with field of expertise, confidently engaging with technical, financial and engineering specialists to gather relevant information;
- Ability to lead and manage a cross functional projects team in a matrix environment;
- Ability to coach and develop other team members;
- Customer focused, self-motivated and flexible with a can-do attitude;
- Positive influencing skills with the ability to find answers within a diverse engineering-focused organisation;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office; and
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant economics/finance/business/science, engineering/law discipline, or relevant experience.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with us.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.