|Position:||Senior Protection and Control Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP57336 - GBP69982 per annum + Car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £57,336 - £69,982 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent senior engineer to join the SSEN Protection & Control (P&C) Team working across the Southern Distribution Network.
As a Senior P&C Engineer you will work with a passionate team of like-minded engineers across a range of projects from 6.6kV to 132kV. You will be involved in taking projects from concept through detailed design and supporting them during construction and energisation. You will work with multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure a compliant, cost-effective design is delivered on time.
In addition, you'll have the opportunity to be involved in projects focused on innovation, standardisation, technology assessment as well as working with our suppliers on new products and services.
This is a fantastic time to join a growing team as we look forward to RIIO ED2, the challenges posed by moving to Net Zero as well as the opportunities offered by new technology, communications and services.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and deliver a wide range of construction projects within the UK.
- The design and construction of electrical projects on its distribution networks ranging from 6.6kV to 132kV.
- Involved in the design of protection and control schemes at voltages from 6.6kV to 132kV across the Southern Distribution Network.
- Develop a project design from an initial high level scope, through to detailed scheme drawings and relay settings. This includes plant specifications, tendering and tender evaluation.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering, degree level is preferred.
- A minimum of seven years previous experience working in power system protection covering design, commissioning and fault investigation.
- Knowledge and experience of protection relays and relay panels, CT & VT sizing calculations, protection relay setting calculations and the producing of detailed and accurate drawings including main connection and protection diagrams.
- An interest in long term development in order to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements.
- Ability to support, train and guide other members of team.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim Annink on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.