SENIOR POWER SYSTEM CONSULTANT - POWER GRID CONSULTATION BUSINESS - GLOBALLY RENOWNED ENGINEERING ORGANISATION - FULL TIME - £45-55k STARTING SALARY + FLEXIBLE BENEFITS + 10% MATCHED PENSION
My client, a globally renowned engineering organisation are looking for a consultant with Power Systems consultancy experience (5+ years) to join their growing consultation division. The role will see you play a key part in consulting assignments of medium and high complexity whilst also supporting in the development of consultancy products and services.
1. Technical contribution - Works as a leading functional practitioner in a consulting area.
Approves assignment tasks carried out by others. Takes a lead role to propose consulting services to meet the customer's needs. Leads or supports the development of a special technology or area of best practice.
2. Customer and sales- Makes contacts to understand customers need and proposes engineering solutions. Provides technical support and guidance to sales team for offer preparation. Negotiates contracts to win consulting assignments of 250 to 500 hours.
3. Contract management - Works with contract management activities (invoicing and work in progress, etc.) in one's area of work. Ensures delivery of assignments as per the agreed contract.
4. Planning and control - Creates work plans and cost estimates in one's area of responsibility. Ensures quality timely implementation within targeted cost.
5. Risk and opportunity management - Conducts risk and opportunity assessments for consulting assignments. Proposes and initiates actions to mitigate and control risks in one's area of responsibility. Identifies opportunities for repeat and new consulting business.
6. Technical leadership and knowledge sharing - Builds network - internally and externally - for exchange of information. Provides support and technical advice to colleagues.
7. Processes and tools- Supports in the development of new tools and processes for engineering effectiveness. Ensures usage of standard process and tools.
8. People leadership and development - Coaches and develops consultants to deliver assignments.Forms and leads teams to deliver assignments with a focus on operational execution.
9. Finance and budget - Contributes to achieve agreed business financial targets for a technology, business area or consulting team.
Master's degree in electrical engineering, electrical power systems or similar, is required.
Between 5 - 7 years' experience in the design, understanding and performance of power systems studies
Strong knowledge in power systems analysis, as well as experience in software simulation tools such as
DigSilent Power Factory, PSS/E (power systems), PSCAD, EMTP (electronic systems) and/or NEPLAN.
Fluent in English.
Willing to work in a full time position - NOT A CONTRACT ROLE
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer