|Position:||Senior Planning Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum + annual bonus, car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness or wider Scotland.
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Fifty-nine Scottish islands are currently connected to the electricity network that serves mainland Great Britain by SSEN Distribution's submarine electricity cables. There are 110 submarine electricity cables totalling over 450km.
The Submarine Electricity Cable team is responsible for monitoring the efficiency and integrity of the submarine electricity cable network powering the islands, including the Inner and Outer Hebrides, Arran, Shetland and the Orkney Islands.
The Subsea Cables team is looking to hire a Senior Planning Engineer to provide planning and scheduling services on assigned projects for all Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution (SHEPD) Subsea Projects and SHEPD Large Capital Projects. You will work with various internal and external stakeholders to plan and schedule a variety of projects from conception through to completion. Key responsibilities will include:
- Be the technical expert in full project lifecycle planning & scheduling and integrate understanding of current and emerging industry methodologies and technologies.
- Successfully manage and effectively leverage the cross-discipline relationships within the project controls functions for a project or programme and provide mentoring.
- Supervise, create, implement, and execute a top-down approach in respect of the strategy plans and schedules that support the project work processes, milestones and deadlines.
- Update schedules with actual progress and forecast remaining durations, and prepare and issue status reports and schedule analysis narratives that effectively communicate schedule status, identify critical path(s) and motivate the project team to define corrective actions to be used by business group management and project teams to manage the work.
- Prepare schedule risk analysis to forecast schedule contingencies and related impacts, particularly in relation to waiting on weather sensitivities and the associated impact on operations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant planning experience working on large capital projects, preferably with utility or subsea construction project experience.
- Previous experience of implementing and effectively using company-standard planning & scheduling systems and project or program-specific planning & scheduling systems (Primavera P6) is essential to the role.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, able to work effectively within teams to produce accurate planning services.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim on 01738341514.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.