Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Senior Firmware Engineer
Basingstoke, Southern England
GBP60000.00 - GBP70000.00 per annum + Depending on experience
Our client is a leading beverage equipment supplier, and they are seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer to join their expanding team in the Basingstoke area of Hampshire.
They are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Firmware Engineer to join our Equipment Development Team to bring new technology to our products. The successful candidate will join the Software Engineering Team, reporting to the Global Software Engineering and Product Development Manager.
This role requires a technical savvy and skilled embedded firmware designer to focus on the design and development of software solutions for our embedded machine micro-controllers. These controllers are at the heart of our systems which are renowned for class leading quality and reliability.
Working as part of a product development team, the role requires a close working relationship with mechanical and electronics engineers as well as wider multidiscipline project teams. The individual in this role will be required to be the project control system software lead, able to propose, define, design and deploy high quality fault tolerant control system solutions.
As the control system software lead, the role requires a very close working relationship with electronics developers, mechatronic designers and software engineers. Software project teams will be a mixture of internal and external developers. The individual in this role is required to be a "player manager", both as an individual contributor as well as managing the project software delivery teams. This role requires a high degree of self-motivation, the ability to be a self-starter, and a strong team player.
- MANAGEMENT OF DESIGN TEAMS: Lead and coordinate software design teams, including internal and external partners and consultants to ensure complete and timely delivery of proven software solutions.
- SYSTEMS DESIGN: Responsible for conceiving, defining, planning, and implementing embedded real time control system software designs for existing and new beverage equipment (brewers and vending machines). Key contributor and consultant to the Electronics design team for the selection and specification of micro-controller choices. Key contributor and consultant to the mechatronic teams for the specification and design of control mechanisms and water systems.
- DESIGN IMPLEMENTATION: Be a key contributor to the design, development, delivery and maintenance of control software/firmware.
- HARNESS EXTERNAL EXPERTISE: Identify and build relationships with technology and service suppliers to support current and future products or projects.
- DRIVER FOR QUALITY: Apply software testing, verification, and validation tools to ensure best possible quality for the software and the system it controls. Evaluate and approve the software solutions delivered by external partners.
- WORK WITH CROSS DISCIPLINE PROJECT TEAMS: Consult and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team, translating needs into realizable goals, and clearly reporting progress to project managers and key stakeholders as needed.
- TOOL CHAIN MANAGEMENT: Specify, deploy, and maintain appropriate tool chains for software development and software maintenance that enable rapid project development.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- QUALIFICATIONS: Honours Degree in Computing, Software, Electronics or Physical engineering related subject.
- DESIGN EXPERIENCE: Broad experience designing embedded software control systems that integrate electrical/electronic and mechanical systems. Proven experience in putting control theory into practice. Experience in the control of motors, actuators, and thermal devices including PID and PWM control. Comfortable working at a data sheet level, selecting/specifying microcontrollers and intelligent ICs. Experience of interfacing to a wide and diverse range of devices using industry standard protocols SPI, SCI, IIC, 232, 485. Experience of designing for and managing digital and analogue signals. Knowledge of Renesas and Freescale processors an advantage.
- PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND TOOLS: Expert level of competence in Embedded Structured ANSI-C / C++. Experience of OOD C++ and C# an advantage. Expert competence in PC based embedded workbench applications including Visual Studio and IAR EW.
- TEAM AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Knowledge and experience leading project teams, including multidiscipline teams, both at a functional, as well as at a project level, managing internal and external resources.
In return the business will offer a generous package of around £60-70k depending on experience, plus a whole host of other benefits, such as a bonus, pension, company benefits, etc.
If you are an experienced Senior Firmware Engineer in the Basingstoke area, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.
Depending on experience