|Position:||Senior Delivery and Operations Bid Manager|
|Salary:||Car/Cash Allowance and Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £38,000 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time 37 hours per week
About the Department
SSE Enterprise comprises three companies: Contracting, Telecoms and Distributed Energy.
SSE Enterprise Telecoms operates a 13,700km private telecoms network, with 265 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading-edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
What is the Role?
The Senior Delivery and Operations Bid Manager is required to represent the operations business unit in all Telecoms bids, including service level agreements, clarifying delivery and operational capabilities, contractual obligations, and costs and resourcing and providing input into proposals and final contract which minimises risk to the business.
You will work in major bid teams on large potential contracts where you will establish and maintain strong working relationships with the bid team, key operational stakeholders, sales, legal, commercial and customers.
- Provide delivery and operations input to contracts and contract negotiation working with legal and commercial and lead the operational work stream.
- Report back to COO Leadership Team on key decisions made and summary of bid responses.
- Take responsibility for making key decisions on behalf of the delivery and operations organisations on key bid requirements.
- Represent COO and team at customer meetings and make key decisions on behalf COO and organisation in support of the bid
- Represent COO in new marketing opportunities, reviewing new product offerings and specifications; making recommendations for changes or approval, working closely with product development.
- Understand business risk, ensuring compliance obligations aren't compromised, financial integrity is maintained, operational requirements are achievable and legal implications are considered.
- Compiling a comprehensive overview of the delivery and operational financial cost implications to ensure this is included in new business proposals.
- Project manage the COO work stream within each bid from bid-stage to operational handover.
- Drive operational improvement in bids/operations processes as required to continuously improve our delivery to the customer.
What do I need?
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience within Bid Management combined with a strong working knowledge of Telecoms delivery and operational processes, procedures & service Levels. If you understand the ITIL framework or have a qualification in ITIL this would be excellent.
A background in Project Management and experience of Bid Writing where you have created a vision to winning bids; coupled with a strong background in major bid process and requirements in telecoms industry is key to this role.
Previous experience with Business Change & the ability to understand the impact of changes on system, people & process is needed, and you will have knowledge of procurement considerations, supplier sensitivity, NDA & and confidentiality agreements too.
Knowledge of basic legal terms & contractual obligations and familiarity with contract and service management are also valuable to this role.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it.'
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.