|Position:||Senior cPPA Structuring Manager|
|Salary:||GBP72500 - GBP108500 per annum + Car Allowance & Performance Related Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London or Dublin
Salary: £Competitive + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
To support our growth, our Renewables business has a dedicated Business Development, Strategy and Route to Market function who are at the forefront of enabling our entry and growth into new markets, technologies and partnerships.
We are now seeking to grow our team with an exciting new opportunity for a Senior cPPA Structuring Manager. In this role, you'll be responsible for the development of commercial structuring of cPPAs, ensuring the delivery of optimal and balanced agreements that are coherent with group strategy, market view and market reality. You'll work collaboratively with colleagues from various teams on the development, evaluation and offer creation for potential agreements across markets, to ultimately enable growth and value to the organisation.
In addition to the above, your key accountabilities will include:-
- Collaborate with business developers / originators to support growth and support originations from deal creation until closure, taking accountability for the methodology of the valuation and risk assessment of complex transactions.
- Develop and take overall accountability for pricing and structuring of Long-Term (LT) and illiquid products (Power +, EACs, CFDs+/-EACs).
- Partner and collaborate with key external partners as well as key stakeholders across SSE, such as: Trading to develop market-based pricing assessment methodology and sensitivity models; Economics to understand LT market scenarios and outlooks and their position in current market / trading context; and Accounting and Finance on the calculation for fair market value assessments.
- Provide in-house expertise and go-to for cPPA pricing and structuring input into acquisitions and development, and provide an independent view on transactions and a constructive review of solutions.
- Research, draft and develop focussed and well-evidenced papers that provide to SSER senior leaders with a concise update as well as insight into aspects such as market activity, value identification, policy and regulatory trends and partnership trends.
What do I need?
This is a new, critical and high profile role requiring a deep understanding of the markets we operate within, including excellent working knowledge of market-based pricing techniques, energy market trends, activities, competitor activity and strengths.
In addition to the above, we would love you to have:-
- Fluency on power market fundamentals, commercial drivers and understanding of sustainability concepts such as additionality, emissionality, 24/7 procurement and certificates.
- Ability to apply power market power pricing fundamentals including pricing of collars, options and swaps, as well as the ability to conceptualise new RE pricing structures and models.
- Excellent analytics and research skills, with proven experience in executing market analysis techniques and tools. Key to this role will be your ability to then translate your knowledge on often complex topics into simple, and easy to understand terms in both a written and verbal format (e.g. report writing, formal presentations, etc).
- Ability to write and structure effective papers and presentations to communicate strategic proposals, business plans, budget papers and commercial opportunities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment with resilience, positivity and integrity.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna on 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.