|Position:||Senior Commercial Solicitor (Telecoms)|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading
Salary: Circa £60,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our in-house SSE Telecoms Legal team provides support to the Telecoms business to ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and manage legal risk, providing advice to the business in order to help them achieve their strategic goals.
What is the Role?
Our growing in-house Telecoms Legal team currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Commercial Solicitor to join them in supporting and advising on a broad range of legal matters. We operate an extensive telecoms network spanning the UK, offering leading edge services to business customers. We have ambitious plans for future growth and the role represents a fantastic opportunity to become a valued in-house lawyer.
Working within a friendly and collaborative environment you will provide proactive and pragmatic legal advice, working closely with the business on a range of legal, commercial and operational issues. The role offers excellent opportunity to engage with a range of stakeholders across the business and be involved in a variety of exciting projects that will drive the business forward as it continues to grow and transform. Working with other teams in the business (Bids, Procurement, Commercial, I.T etc) you will apply your legal expertise, offer sound advice and become a key player, supporting projects from start to fruition..
What do we need?
- A UK qualified solicitor with circa 5 years or more PQE
- A strong grounding in drafting and confidently negotiating commercial contracts.
- Exposure to dealing with compliance, data protection and technology matters
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate legal issues in a business-friendly way and influence key stakeholders
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Previous in-house experience would be desirable but not essential. Candidates looking to move in-house will need to demonstrate good business and commercial skills.
- Ability to work well on your own and within a team, providing support and guidance to more junior members of the team as appropriate.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however, to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application, please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you will be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.