|Position:||Senior Commercial Solicitor (Telecoms)|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Central Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working
About the Department
Our in-house SSE Telecoms Legal team provides support to the Telecoms business to ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and manage legal risk, providing advice to the business in order to help them achieve their strategic goals.
What is the Role?
Our growing in-house Telecoms Legal team currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Commercial Solicitor to join them in supporting and advising on a broad range of legal matters. We operate an extensive telecoms network spanning the UK, offering leading edge services to business customers. We have ambitious plans for future growth and the role represents a fantastic opportunity to become a valued in-house lawyer.
Working within a friendly and collegiate environment you will provide proactive and pragmatic legal advice, working closely with the business on a range of legal, commercial and operational issues. The role offers excellent opportunity to engage with a range of stakeholders across the business and be involved in a variety of exciting projects that will drive the business forward as it continues to grow and transform. Collaborating with other teams in the business (Bids, Procurement, Commercial, I.T etc) you will apply your legal expertise, offer sound advice and become a key player, supporting projects from fruition to completion.
What do we need?
- A UK qualified solicitor with strong academics and circa 5 years or more PQE
- A strong grounding in drafting and confidently negotiating commercial contracts.
- Exposure to dealing with compliance, data protection and technology matters
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate legal issues in a business-friendly way and influence key stakeholders
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Previous in-house experience would be desirable but not essential. Candidates looking to move in-house will need to demonstrate good business and commercial skills.
- Ability to work well on your own and within a team, providing support and guidance to more junior members of the team as appropriate.
- As periodic travel between our offices throughout the UK is expected, a full UK driving licence is desirable.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if its not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.