|Position:||Senior Cloud and Infrastructure Architect|
|Salary:||GBP51600 - GBP77400 per annum + Annual Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices around the UK.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cloud and Infrastructure Architect to work with the Customer Solutions businesses in SSE. Customer Solutions covers Business Energy, serving over 500,000 business and public sector customers in GB, and SSE Airtricity supplying over 700,000 domestic and business customers in Ireland and Northern Ireland. It also provides an important route to market for our renewable generation.
Some significant changes are taking place in this area of SSE that will need your significant experience to deliver the right solutions to support the growth of the business. There are large change programmes underway for digital transformation, an overhaul of the IT estates, introduction of new billing systems, regulatory changes and the formation of a central data platform.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Setting strategic direction, facilitating the necessary activity to deliver the business-focused change programmes and be pivotal in shaping our cloud adoption.
- Defining programme architecture; working closely with ECS Lead Solution Architect & Lead Group Cloud and Infrastructure Architect to ensure compliance with roadmaps and architecture standards.
- Collaborating as part of the ECS IT Architecture team on project planning, support budget development process and take accountability for viability of proposed Cloud solutions; providing direction, advice and guidance throughout.
- Evolving the overall capability of SSE's and specifically ECS Cloud Architecture, using experience gained with major Cloud providers e.g. Azure, AWS, Google.
- Helping shape the Cloud Architecture operating model within an Agile methodology, working with Product Owners to drive SSEs and ECS cloud capability.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Successfully delivered Cloud Architectures with one or many of the major cloud providers e.g. Azure, AWS, Google; with exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments. You'll have engaged directly with major Cloud providers, discussing their capability in relation to your requirements.
- The ability to directly plan and think strategically; evaluating options in the short, medium and long term. Your approach to balancing long-term (strategic) and short-term implications of proposals and decisions will be pragmatic.
- Excellent influencing skills - you'll establish strong relationships with stakeholders by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery. The ability to establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders from the business, relationship managers and delivery teams is essential to this role.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.