|Position:||Senior Cable Installation Engineer (Inter Array/Export)|
|Salary:||Car Allowance & Performance Related Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: Up to £77,000 depending on skills and experience + Car Allowance + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the role?
As Senior Cable Installation Engineer you will lead in inter array and export cable installation, supporting our offshore projects at development during project definition and route selection, development and tendering phases, through to the construction phase and into operation and beyond.
Your main responsibilities may include:
- Providing Engineering support and guidance to deliver the engineering works relating to cable installation.
- Co-ordinating IAC (Inter Array Cable) and EXC (Export Cable) Cable Installation activities to Projects across SSE's offshore wind portfolio, ensuring consistency and risks to the business and JV partners are realised and mitigated.
- Acting as Senior Engineer for IAC & EXC (HVAC and HVDC) installation.
- Contributing to project key decisions where cable installation is considered and to cost model production for financial modelling at governance gate.
- Engaging with the Design Authority to develop and ensure that design and engineering solutions are developed timely, competently and safely.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree qualified in Civil / Mechanical or other UCAS listed related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Chartership as an engineer in related discipline or working towards achieving Chartered status.
- Significant experience in construction and / or design for installation activities related to offshore Inter Array Cables and/or Export Cables ideally including Concept Designs / FEED and Cable installation construction phase experience.
- Expertise and demonstrable knowledge related to Inter Array Cables and /or Export Cables.
- Working knowledge of applicable standards, legislation and safety requirements for offshore cable projects.
- Ability to travel as the role will require you to have access to our Glasgow office 3-4 days per month or as required by the project.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.