|Position:||Senior Buyer - M&E|
|Salary:||GBP32700 - GBP49100 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Glasgow, Eurocentral
Salary: £32,000 - £49,100 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent| Full Time |37 hours per week
About the Department
SSE Enterprise is responsible for providing innovative solutions to build, own, operate and maintain energy and communications infrastructure in the UK and Ireland. Our experience in energy and communications infrastructure means we understand the challenges ahead. We deliver projects on time and budget, helping customers prosper now and in the future. SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M+E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M+E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this role will support the management of the Business Unit area interface in the execution of Procurement and Supply Chain services relevant to that business unit. Demonstrating value leadership, customer service and innovation to support the vision in becoming a world class provider of procurement and commercial services and embeds a consistent approach to reduce the total cost of ownership achieving set targets set in this regard. As Senior Buyer, you will be predominantly focused towards bid-centric and tactical procurement activities. In addition, you'll support the implementation of a robust Supply Chain Management process within agreed area of responsibility, this is with a view to achieving 'best in class' support from key suppliers including, but not limited to; preferential access to innovation, market knowledge, cost certainty, high quality, high performance, site deliveries. You'll engage with Category Managers and other regional/business unit Buyers to facilitate the wider function in providing a co-ordinated, effective and efficient service to the business with input delivered as directed by line management.
What do I need?
- Understands the financial aspects and implications of operational requirements and procurement activities
- Clear understanding of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement process
- Reasonable understanding, knowledge and experience of the processes relating to procurement strategy
- Experience of supplier development techniques and managing the development of supplier relationships
- High level of numeracy and ability to interpret numerical data
- High level of competence in drafting and interpreting commercial contracts
- Experience in delivering procurement services
- Ability to challenge the status quo to deliver change
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst managing own time effectively
- Ability to gain commitment and "buy in "with good communication skills and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
- An ability to secure commitment on actions from all stakeholders
- Degree educated or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body
- Experience of working within a contracting organisation
- Good local market knowledge
- Working knowledge of the relevant conditions of contract
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Power point, Oracle, Emptoris
- Track record in stakeholder management
- Working knowledge of the M&E market with a proven capability to develop supply chain relationships
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
Well let you know the outcome of your job application after the closing date. To discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with Hannah Cutajar.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.