|Position:||Senior Azure Technical Specialist|
|Salary:||GBP46319 - GBP61175 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Reading or Havant
Salary: £46,319 - £61,175 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What is the Role?
SSE is transforming the way it delivers value from data and is implementing an Analytics Platform to help execute on that vision.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer on Azure you'll be working within the Data and Analytics team to help deliver new capability, enhancements and deal with day-to-day operational matters.
What do I need?
As well as demonstrable experience and a deep understanding of Microsoft Azure, you'll have excellent technical leadership and the ability to work with stakeholders to arrive at agreed designs for various secure, scalable and reliable capabilities and enhancements.
Ideally your experience should include supporting data solutions in Azure. This would cover resources such as SQL Database, Synapse (Data Warehouse), Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake Storage etc. Any experience in data engineering would be beneficial.
We're also looking for you to have very good ability and experience in:
- strong technical leadership and mentoring; assisting team members to ensure delivery of capabilities and adherence to best practice
- advising on key areas such as security, governance, compliance, infrastructure etc.
- automating processes for efficiency and repeatability; the use of Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates for automated deployments
- advanced scripting skills (PowerShell, Python)
- dealing with day-to-day operational issues; the ability to quickly and efficiently remediate and perform necessary root-cause analysis
- working in a Scrum environment and the use of Azure DevOps as the primary tool for task tracking etc.
- strong communication and interpersonal skills, engaging positively with stakeholders.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.