|Position:||Senior Authorised Person|
|Salary:||GBP35850 - GBP47346 per annum + + car/cash allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Location: Wessex Region
Salary Range: £35,850 - £47,346 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance
Permanent| Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available| 37 hours per week
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a SAP to join our vegetation management team supporting operations across our Wessex Region. Working across our four operational Regions liaising closing with Tree Cutting teams, you'll ensure all works are completed safely, efficiently, to time and with exceptional customer service.
This is a unique role which offers an opportunity to play a pivotal position within the Tree Cutting organisation ensuring the success of the annual tree cutting program. You'll be responsible for managing and technically leading on works to ensure safety standards and work programmes are met at all times.
The role demands supporting daily planning, co-ordination and real time responsibility for the efficient utilisation of resources including direct employed and contract resource. Ensuring that sufficient work is available, by liaising with the Delivery Performance team along with internal and external customers.
Works will be undertaken on our LV, HV and EHV networks (depending on skills) ensuring that safe systems of work are followed for setting staff to work safely adjacent to the network. This will require a pro-active approach ensuring world class customer satisfaction is achieved and that requirements under statutory, regulatory and company standards are met.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful, you'll have the following experience;
- Previous experience as an SAP and supervising teams of both direct staff and contractors is essential
- An understanding of a Distribution Network Operator and the regulated environment in which it operates.
- A strong understanding of the range and type of both professional and trade skills that are essential in delivering tree cutting operations and business objectives is required.
- Highly focused on delivering complex customer and operationally driven projects within a programme of works to time and budget.
- Good planning and organisational skills are essential for this role to enable you to plan and deliver the team programme, on time and within budget.
- Safety is our key priority; you'll have the ability to risk assess activities throughout your working day and promote our safe working culture across the team.
- Due to the travel element of this role, a full UK driving license is required.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.