Position: Salary: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Senior Alarm Management Consultant
GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum
Senior Alarm Management / Functional Safety Consultant - Oil & Gas / Petrochemical / Chemical Industry - Globally Renowned Engineering Company - Aberdeen / Teesside / Warrington Based - £50-60k starting salary - 10% annual bonus - Company Car (or Allowance) - Personal Private Healthcare
***Please note - this role involves significant UK and international travel up to 50% of the time
Our clients delivers Consulting Services and provide a comprehensive combination of business, functional, and technical expertise. Their consultants have deep experience in asset intensive industries, providing a unique blend of application, IT, and industry-specific knowledge to drive improvements at every level of an organization, from corporate strategy to shop-floor operations.
Senior Alarm Management Consultant with knowledge of applying risk management tools and techniques, able to demonstrate a good level of technical knowledge in the area of Process Safety and Alarm Management and a track record of relating to clients at all levels within an organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Significant fee earning role with responsibility for personal utilisation targets (typically above 70% to contract)
- Can have responsibility for a Technology Area and associated fee income targets
- Identifies opportunities for repeat business and pull through of the whole of our clients Service.
- Supports Business Development to win work at target fee rates for self and others
- Leads assignments and manages fee rate and utilisation to deliver agreed contribution
- Likely to have (or the ability to achieve) a level of Contract Management responsibilities and hence be accountable for contract performance (WIP, margin etc.)
- Able to make contacts at senior level (e.g. Site Manager, Technical Director, CIO) in client organisations
- Brings leading edge technologies and processes to deliver client business benefit
- Forms and leads teams to deliver assignments - Coaches and develops junior team members within the team.
- Is able to present at events and possess excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience of working in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical or Chemical Industries in an operation or maintenance role, or have got significant experience as a Consultant in these industries
- A degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Extensive experience in Alarm Management including Alarm rationalisation delivery
- Strong control / process engineering background
- Detailed understanding of the requirements of Alarm standards i.e EEMUA / ISO etc.
- Need to have knowledge of process plant operations & issues faced by operators, particularly control room staff.
- Chartered with an appropriate Institution
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer