|Position:||SCADA Field Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP41000 - GBP54000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth or Dundee
Salary: £41,000 - £54,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
As a SCADA Field Engineer, your key responsibilities will be:
- To be responsible for the installation and commissioning of new equipment and the support of the SCADA Delivery Project Team
- Fault finding on existing systems
- Participate in systems Factory and Site Acceptance testing, as well as ongoing maintenance and development of the RTS equipment
- As a business, we operate 24/7 ensuring we are on hand when our customers need us; you may be required to take part in an Emergency Standby support rota in the future
- As the job is often field based, with occasional overnight stays, you should expect to work away from home on occasion
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- SCADA Protocols and Standards (eg DNP3 and IEC61850), RTUs, Network Communications and/or Control Systems, HMIs
- You should have undertaken an apprenticeship or similar training in Telecommunications, IT, Electronics or related subject
- You'll be qualified to at least ONC or equivalent, however an HNC or higher-level qualification is preferred
- You will be safety focused and have a working knowledge of the CDM regulations, and experience in preparation of RAMs / safe systems of work is desirable
- A full, current driving licence is required
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.