|Salary:||GBP44100 - GBP66100 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
At SSE, Safety is our number one value. We live by our licence, if it's not safe, we don't do it. We're looking for a competent Occupational Health & Safety professional, with an excellent understanding of Marine and Offshore Construction activities.
Your responsibilities include:
- The development, implementation, monitoring and continual improvement of the offshore elements of the SHE Management System, including provision of information, instruction and training and active/reactive monitoring of SHE performance.
- Review contractor SHE documentation, ensuring it meets the Business and Project requirements.
- Attend and actively participate in PHAs, HAZIDs, HIRAs, Risk Reviews and other meetings necessary to support the Business, Directorate and Project objectives.
- Engage, support and coach the teams involved in offshore activities in a positive and professional manner.
- Provide positive engagement and support to ensure remedial actions arising from audits and investigations are implemented; ensuring incidents are reviewed, recorded, communicated and reported at the correct levels, with actions closed out.
The role shall be predominantly office based with frequent travel to offshore worksites both in port and in the field. You will provide a range of safety support to offshore elements of projects in both development and execution phases.
What do I need?
- Extensive safety experience in offshore construction operations, with sound knowledge of regulations and standards associated with marine and offshore construction activities (e.g. cable lay, diving, trenching).
- You'll demonstrate professional internal and external stakeholder management skills to drive cross business collaboration to build a high performing, commercially and customer focused safety culture.
- You should hold a NEBOSH or equivalent qualification in Occupational Safety relevant and be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge through experience. You will also have detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment and application to the offshore sector.
- Due to the level of mobility required in this role, a full UK driving licence, Basic Offshore Survival Induction and Emergency Training (or equivalent) and Offshore Medical is essential.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.