|Position:||Safe System of Work Manager|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the SSE Renewables SHE Support and Assurance Manager, the Safe System of Work (SSoW) Manager will support the SSE Renewables Businesses in their endeavours to keep people, the environment, and assets safe.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that there is a consistent approach to the review, consultation process, issue and implementation of all SSoW related management and risk standard documentation across the SSE Renewables Businesses, and you'll achieve this by working closely with the business units ensuring alignment with the SSoW related policies and standards.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Setting the standard for safe system of work across the SSE Renewables and closing any identified gaps.
- Contributing to the development of safety techniques for hazard management including Risk assessment, Modelling tools / software with examples of ALARP incorporated into decision making relating to the SSoW application.
- Determine the state of compliance with HSE legislation relating to pertinent Risk Standards in relation to the SSoW.
- Review SSoW related SSE Renewables SMS documentation to ensure alignment to SSE SMS documentation, and that any changes/updates to SSE SMS documentation are implemented.
- Review all SSoW related incidents & high potential occurrences, providing an overview of the adequacy of incident investigations and ensure lessons learned are shared.
- Develop networks among SSoW professionals whilst Influencing senior management decisions on SSoW and approve mitigation and monitoring options.
What do I need?
Due to the specific nature of this role, we are looking for you to have the following;
- Extensive SHE, operations and maintenance management experience, preferably in utility related industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all SSE's Safety Rules (OSRS, GSSRs, WTSRs) having previously held a Senior Authorised Person authorisation or equivalent and been an Authorisation Officer.
- A well structured, systematic approach, with the ability to identify and analyse problems, understand risks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to use a wide range of techniques to effect change at all levels of the organisation.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with sse.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. Internal candidates, please notify your line manager prior to submitting an application.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.