Position: Location: Ref: Job Type: Published On: Start Date:
Risk Analytics Advisor
Exxon Mobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented and diverse workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major chemical companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
Our people are analytical, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of their teams. They thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system, regular training and long-term focus enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of managers or technical specialists.
- Provide risk-related quantitative analyses, including the valuation of risk factors (e.g. optionality). Recommend analysis and optimization of risks inherent in trading strategies (e.g. Profit at Risk analysis).
- Develop, validate and maintain risk and trade valuation models, including dynamic forward trading.
- Remain knowledgeable about leading edge developments in risk management science through academic and industry training.
- Develop and recommend profitable trading and hedging strategies using in-house developed models, systems and tools (predictive analytics). Assist Traders with support and guidance related to pricing for structured transactions in measuring the risk of potential new transactions, and selecting the most efficient hedging strategy for transactions being contemplated.
- Assist in securing major new business entries through customized pricing, fuels management, and financial structures. Provide ongoing development of pricing and hedging methodologies for evaluation of 3P offers, as well as management of internal positions.
- Provide support & education on commercial risk to other functions (e.g. Treasurers, Upstream).
- Participate in and support market-based asset valuation studies.
- Seek out and evaluate 3P derivative products and technologies (hardware, software and trading models) to determine suitability for use by Trading.
Minimal Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative field required. An advanced degree, such as a Master's, MBA, CFA, or Ph.D., degree in Energy or Financial Risk Management is preferred. Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in energy trading, financial or energy risk management. Data modeling is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience and knowledge of derivatives, as well as state of the art analytical and evaluation techniques.
- Knowledgeable in decision analysis techniques and comfortable in handling issues involving risk and uncertainty.
- Strong understanding of energy risk management techniques and financial analyses and their application to energy transacting
- Strong leadership and communications skills
Interviews will be held February/March 2019.