|Position:||Renewables Engineer - Civil|
|Salary:||annual bonus, cash allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Ballyconnell, Ireland
Salary: €41,600 - €62,400 depending on skills and experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Renewables Technician to join our expanding Operations Programmes Civil team to work on a range of renewable energy projects. The team look after operational onshore wind assets, including life extension, repowering and decommissioning, giving you the opportunity to be involved in the end to end engineering across a diverse portfolio of major infrastructure. They are also responsible for providing quality engineering, maintenance and operational support to the Onshore wind operations of the Renewables business.
Some of your main accountabilities will include:
- Working with an experienced team throughout Ireland and the UK, ensuring all renewable generation assets are operated and maintained to the highest standards.
- Contributing to the development of engineering projects that will range from overhaul and refurbishment on a broad range of civils assets to minor civil maintenance works such as road and drainage improvements.
- Repairing, refurbishing, replacing and decommissioning wind turbines.
- Managing 3rd parties and the effective delivery of specific engineering, design and construction works required within the package.
- Identifying design risk and ensuring appropriate mitigations are developed and implemented in line with the overall portfolio risk appetite.
What do I need?
This role would suit a Graduate Civil Engineer or Technician, who has a real passion for developing within our business and ultimately playing a key role in the planning, supervision and commissioning of significant operation & maintenance works.
To be successful, we would also love you to have;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt according to your audience.
- An innovative mind set coupled with a flexible approach and the capacity to deliver high quality work on a consistent basis in a demanding environment.
- Relevant experience in an engineering and/or operational environment and a developing technical skill base to join our team of predominantly civil engineers.
- The ability to thrive in a varied engineering environment and the willingness to work towards taking a significant level of responsibility to safely deliver projects on time and to budget.
- The ability to work in a variety of environments from height to confined spaces and have some experience with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
Travel to remote operational sites across Ireland (and UK) will be expected as part of this role so a full and valid driving licence will be essential.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.