|Position:||Renewables Energy Analyst - International Markets|
|Salary:||GBP37600 - GBP56400 per annum + Performance related bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices in the UK and the team are currently based in our Perth office.
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have an exciting opening for a Renewable Energy Market Analyst to join our Energy Economics Team, who act as the long-term advisors to the various SSE business units. You'll play a critical part in developing and continually enhancing the support we provide to SSE Renewables, assisting them in their ambition to expand into new markets outside of GB and Ireland. Working in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment, you'll enjoy autonomy and opportunities to substantially influence major decisions in the business.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Producing research into relevant electricity markets, interpreting Government policy, market design and renewable support mechanisms. This will support the team making recommendations for price outlooks, and other relevant cost / revenue assumptions needed to assess opportunities to invest in renewable energy internationally.
- Collecting and managing data on target markets, as well as providing novel analysis to build the teams in house analytical capacity.
- Having regular engagement with external market advisors, reviewing and critiquing their outlooks to provide insights.
- Communicating insights through a combination of discussions, reports, and presentations.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we would ideally like you to:
- A minimum of a degree level qualification in a relevant subject, such as economics, scientific, engineering or other numerate discipline.
- Knowledge of the energy sector and experience in forecasting, energy consulting, commodity trading or similar.
- Excellent data-handling skills, as the role involves managing large volumes of data for analysis.
- Strong Excel skills and experience in specialist tools such as VBA, Access, Python, Power Bi etc.
- Good research techniques & skills, with experience producing analysis/modelling for the power sector or comparable market.
- A strong sense of curiosity and keen interest in problem solving, with the willingness to take initiative and ownership of the delivery of work.
About our Business
Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) is the energy markets heart of the SSE Group, securing value for SSE's asset portfolios in wholesale energy markets as we move towards our vision of being a leading energy company in a net zero world. We play a critical role as the short-term energy market asset optimiser, and a long-term energy market adviser, for all SSE's Business Units (across SSE's Wind, Hydro, Low Carbon Thermal, Distributed Energy and Customer portfolios). This role for EPM enables SSE to focus its investment in energy markets capabilities (including Trading, Risk Management, Energy Economics and Advanced Analytics) in one centre of excellence, with these enhanced capabilities supporting value creation and decision making across the SSE Group.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.