|Position:||Renewables Commissioning Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP38600 - GBP58000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our c350 offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 + car scheme/car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Commissioning Engineer you will be responsible for the day to day coordination of commissioning for the mechanical and electrical systems of the transition piece and WTG onshore at the assembly/construction sites following through to offshore completions and handover. The key aspect of your role will be engagement with the project team and EPC contractor to ensure systems are commissioned safely, on time and to Company standards.
Your main responsibilities may include:
- Organising and supporting onshore and offshore commissioning of the transition piece and WTG pre-assembly as part of our portfolio of Dogger Bank Assets.
- Planning, organising, monitoring, witnessing, and supporting site activities to ensure safe, full and effective use is always made of resources and construction of the project(s) is achieved within budget and in accordance with Company and/or client policies and procedures.
- Supporting the coordination and attending multiple site location activities to ensure mechanical completion activities are completed, signed and verified in conjunction with wider project team and relevant contractors.
- Interfacing with Contractors and joint venture partner on applicable commissioning scopes onshore and offshore.
- Review of documentation, punch-list items and resolving any issues using Company project completions system.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience working within an electrical engineering environment on low voltage and high voltage plant/equipment such as instrumentation, HV cables, 66kV switchgear, SCADA.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of offshore wind farm construction, commissioning and/or operations in UK. Knowledge of wind turbine technology together with grid connection transmission system is highly beneficial.
- A relevant technical education or apprenticeship, preferably within Electrical Engineering or similar, experience as senior authorised person to at least 66KV is preferred.
- Ability to thrive on coordinating commissioning activities and managing the associated tasks.
- Personal drive and a robust sense of quality and professionalism, sharing SSE Values, Vision and Goals, including our Safety Family.
- As a Commissioning Engineer, your location can be flexible within the UK. Regular travel within the UK, Europe and Offshore will be required based on Project requirements, sometimes at short notice.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.