|Position:||Real Time Systems Field Engineer|
|Salary:||GBP47872 - GBP55653 per annum + car/cash allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
About the Role
Base Location: Thatcham, Reading, Slough or Oxford
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
We are looking for a Real Time Systems Field Engineer to join our team!
As a Real Time Systems Field, Engineer, you'll be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and fault rectification of RTS equipment deployed at hilltop radio sites and SSEN substations.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day maintenance and fault rectification of RTS equipment and Local Area networks.
- Support the Operational Technology & RTS Design & Delivery teams with the supervision and installation of new projects.
Participation in an emergency standby support rota will also be required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Field working experience and have a good understanding in one or more of the following: SCADA and NMS systems, Remote Terminal Units (Schneider, ABB, ZIF, RTUs), using Telemetry Protocols (DNP3, EWISP+).
- Experience in the deployment of IP connected devices: ADSL, TCP/IP, UDP, APNs & VPNs, LTE networks, TSAT Satellite communications, Tele-protection Systems. UHF Scanning Radio, Fibre Optics and Copper Cable Networks, Automation schemes. LV DC wiring systems:
Main device manufacturers include Schneider, Hitachi /ABB, Westermo, Cisco, Trio. Third Party Network providers include and not limited to, NEOS networks, BT Openreach, Vodafone.
- Ideally, youll have undertaken an apprenticeship or similar training in telecommunications, IT, electrical, or electronic related subject. You'll be qualified to at least ONC or equivalent, however an HNC is preferred. As Safety is SSE's number one priority, you'll display a strong focus on safety.
- In addition, you must be able to work well with other team members & stakeholders, manage your own workload and work well independently. As much of the technology being implemented is relatively new, training will be given where necessary.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.