|Salary:||GBP36836 - GBP48648 per annum + car/cash allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jenna Jackson|
Base Location: Oxford, Swindon or Melksham
Salary: £36,836 - £48,648 + car or car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
We have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Operational Support Framework Team, with the responsibility for implementing commercial and contractual management for our South Region
The Quantity Surveyor will be the commercial focal point for the Region, supporting a wide variety of projects including Overhead line, Primary Substation Refurbishments, Cabling, Tree Cutting, Rising Mains, Jointing, Automation, and any other frameworks required by the business.
Every day in this role will be different, as our Quantity Surveyors have a wide span of responsibilities, supporting the Region with all elements of Commercial project risk including:
- Tendering of projects, from initiation and review of tender packs, through to evaluation of returns and providing commercial input on appointing the right contractor
- Project financial management, from issuing call-off orders, reviewing payment application, managing variations and early warnings, through to project closure
- Commercial reporting, and communication to various stakeholders
- Visits to project sites, from pre-tender through to progress and close out meetings, allowing the candidate to build up experience and understanding of the works
- Conduct site safety audits
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Contract Management, or relevant experience in a similar role or field is essential
- Demonstrable experience working within a commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of IT, namely Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook; a flair for picking up new IT systems is a great advantage
- Understanding of Standard Forms of Contract, and ability to advise on contractual matters
- Full UK driving licence is required as your role will involve a degree of travel between sites
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Gemma on 01738 340 128.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.