Project Site Supervisor - Measurement Equipment - Rail
GBP35000 - GBP38000 per annum
Are you looking for an opportunity to work as a site supervisor for mainly rail related projects? Do you have experience / knowledge of instrumentation and installation methodology? Would you like to work for a renowned engineering business that specialises in providing monitoring and measurement solutions for engineering assets and infrastructure?
To coordinate all activities associated with the organisation, execution and ongoing maintenance of in-field monitoring systems.
Ensuring installations are carried out in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction.
- A proven track record of site supervision, gained in an engineering environment.
- Detailed knowledge of instrumentation and installation methodology.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with direct reports, colleagues and customers.
- Skills in setting priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of the task at hand.
- Hold a range of industry specific competencies.
- Ability to work flexible working hours, including nights, weekends, at various locations throughout the UK.
- Full driving license.
- Experience of the railway sector, in particular COSS/SWL competency.
- Working knowledge of budget management, in particular variance analysis and value engineering.
- Ability to contribute effectively to strategic challenges outside of the monitoring business unit.
Package on Offer
- Starting Salary of £35k+ DoE
- 1.5x overtime rate (optional overtime)
- Other flexible benefits
- Plan monitoring system installation thoroughly, ensuring all key stages are executed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Operational Support teams to ensure suitable skills, technical support and equipment is provided.
- Minimise costs through efficient use of time, equipment, manpower and subcontract services.
- Carry out the installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of systems, supervising all on-site resource closely.
- Escalate instances of scope change, queries or challenges where mitigation is needed by others.
- Support Site Technical training and development to deliver a quality service in accordance with best practice.
- Ensure concise communications with team members, support functions and customers through regular contact, both written and verbal.
- Ensure strict compliance with company policies and procedures to ensure a consistent approach to work delivery.
- Actively contribute and encourage involvement for your team for Quality, Safety and Environmental initiatives, in order to promote a proactive Health & Safety culture across the business.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that your team receives the required level of service from the Operational Support Team.
- When working as a 'person in charge' be accountable for their safety and the safety of all persons in their work group. This includes risks of being struck by trains and from the risks associated with the task and location. As a 'person in charge' hold COSS / SWL competencies or IWA when working alone.
- Prioritise, plan and deliver work as a Responsible Manager in line with the requirements in NR/L2/OHS/019.
- Complete mandatory vehicle checks to ensure safety and road worthiness.
- Complete all training requirements to maintain compliance with FORS standard.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer